Software Defined Networking (SDN) is changing the way networks are designed, built and operated to achieve greater flexibility and significant reduction in capital and operational expenses. SDN is an architectural approach that separates the data and control planes in the core and transport layer of networks using an SDN Controller (SDN-C). SDN enables faster service deployment and simplifies configuration by abstracting the network into an API. Software Defined Networking makes cloud orchestration complete by providing better visibility and control of the underlying networks to elastic cloud applications and enables quick and efficient new service provisioning through a centralized SDN Controller, thereby increasing business agility.
ALTEN Calsoft Labs has been working on SDN since 2010 starting with the industry’s first OpenFlow 1.0 protocol implementation for market leading Datacenter switches deployed by Tier-1 carriers. Since then, our SDN Center of Excellence has been offering product engineering services including OpenDaylight Controller Development, SDN Application Development, SDN-NFV Integration and more, to several established Network Equipment Manufacturers (NEMs) and new SDN Controller & Application vendors.
ALTEN Calsoft Labs offers consulting on your SDN roadmap and assist you with PoCs, R&D projects and SDN deployment projects as your trusted professional services partner.
Key Differentiators in Software Defined Networking
- Participated in development of one of the industry’s first OpenFlow compliant switches, and commercial SDN deployment with a Tier-1 NEMs/SPs
- Deep roots in data center networking, Virtual Network Functions (VNFs), network management, SaaS product development and cloud management
- Experience in product development and deployment across all the layers of the cloud stack – IaaS, PaaS and SaaS – BwaaS, ADCaaS
- Only company that supports equipment manufacturers from Evaluation/PoC stage to Deployment and Operations Support covering the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Grounds up OpenFlow protocol implementation and upgrades in Network Elements
- Standalone and hybrid OpenFlow support in legacy network elements
- Compliance testing and interoperability with various SDN controllers
- Commercial OpenDaylight (ODL) Controller Development, Integration and Staging
- Open source SDN controller evaluation and customization
- Extensions and device adapters to support legacy switches and routers
- Interoperability testing with different network elements
- Commercial and open source SDN Controller and Applications Development
- Network Visualization, Service Provisioning, Network Management, Traffic Engineering, etc.
- Application porting to different SDN platforms
- Scenario-based testing of applications on different SDN controllers
- SDN service chaining with Virtual Network Functions
- SDN core controller and orchestrator services for latency sensitive applications
- Implementation of NFV Orchestration capabilities into SDN Platforms