Virtualization of Application Delivery Controllers
t the Client
The client is a global provider of integrated Application delivery, Network Security and Load balancing solutions for virtual and cloud data centers. Client’s solutions empower more than 10,000 enterprise and carrier customers worldwide to adapt to market challenges quickly,maintain business continuity and achieve maximum productivity while keeping costs down.
The product is an Application Delivery Controller (ADC) with features such as Firewall, Deep Packet Inspection, Server Load Balancing, WAN optimization, L4-L7 switching etc.
The key challenges of the project were:
- Timely maintenance and sustenance of the product with periodic bug fixes, quality assurance, patch releases and release management
- Product upgradation on next generation platform supporting virtualization and improved scalability
- Development of a management software
ALTEN Calsoft Labs’ contributions to the project included –
- Development of new features and performance tuning in line with market demands – 3 major product releases in 12 month
- Virtualized Application Delivery (up to 28 virtual instances), Real-time dynamic allocation of data center resources
- Enhancements to support up to 320 virtual instances
- Sustenance of an Application Switch with hundreds of installations by responding to customers requirements quickly
- Reproducing and solving problems reported by customers in their production networks
- Fixing defects on multiple models of Application Switch deployed in the market
- Provide multi-vendor control and visibility to network operators
- Reduced CAPEX cost
- Greater operational efficiency, lower costs and better customer experience.
- Software driven infrastructure
ALTEN Calsoft Labs’ extensive experience in L4-L7 switching, application acceleration,security,content filtering and virtual appliance development was leveraged for providing the solution.
- OS: Embedded Linux
- Software/Tools: Solaris, Clearcase, gcc
- Hardware: Power PC, BCM 56xxx, Dual Core AMD, Multi-core Intel X86
- Technologies/Frameworks: Server load balancing, Routing, Switching
- Multi-core processor based system optimized for efficient core utilization
Let’s fast-track your next big idea