RFID Enabled Medication Validation & Administration Solution
t the Client
The customer is a leading healthcare informatics solutions provider for more than 900+ hospitals in the US serving 15,000 patients every day.
The customer wanted a RFID enabled system that helps nurses and other staff to administer proper medication based on the physician prescription.
ALTEN Calsoft Labs built the Barcode Medication Administration (BCMA) allowing nurse(s) to scan a medication prior to administering to help ensure that the appropriate dosage and type is administered. BCMA validates right patient,right medication,and the right route,time.
- Scans wrist band of the patient and the system verifies patient. A warning is issues when invalid patient is documented
- Nurse scans the medication and the system alerts when medication is invalid. Possible scenarios accounted are invalid barcode, inactive medication, expired medication, No orders placed for the medication and No schedules left for the day
- Using crystal reports, barcode labels using the font “AdvC128b” (Code 128 Barcode Symbol – Font Height 1/8″ (.125″) or .4 cm) are printed
- Ability to track medication supply and use
- Decreased medication errors and increased staff satisfaction
- Improved pharmacy medication kit validation
- Tools/Technology: C#.NET, JAVA/J2EE, Crystal Reports
- Test Management: Proprietary test bed and Teamtrack
- Issue Tracking: Mantis
Let’s fast-track your next big idea