IR Learner & Designer Kit Development
t the Client
The client is a leading US university.
The client envisaged to design and develop IR Learner & Designer kit intended for use in classrooms to control multiple audio and visual devices such as projectors, DVD players and audio amplifiers easily using the keypad on the controller.
In any environment where several multimedia devices are used,it is tedious to manage the various devices and their IR remotes.ALTEN Calsoft Labs wanted to overcome this difficulty and make it easy for homes/ offices/ schools to manage their devices.
The kit consists of an IR learner that is used to learn the IR code of existing remotes and a transmit programmer unit for testing out newly developed code for the remote.The learner can be connected to a PC and its intuitive GUI helps view IR code and program the IR transmitter for any chosen codes.The kit is developed as a reference platform based on H8S2211CU controller and has the capability to add functions and/or interfaces.The GUI software also helps to control any device with the touch of a button or click of a mouse.
The key features of the product are:
- Infrared code learning
- Programming and testing custom code for new IR remote design
- Interactive, easy-to-use, PC-based GUI for viewing IR code and programming the IR transmitter
- Completely customizable and any OEM required functions can be implemented either on the hardware or on the PC software or both
- Highly flexible
- Increased portability
- Power Supply: A/C Power supply 230V – 50Hz or 110V- 60Hz
- Hardware: H8S2211CU Controller
- IR Code Display: Pronto Hex format, any other required format can be supported
- IR Spectrum Support: Full 30 kHz to 500 kHz
- Operating System: Windows XP or newer
- PC Interface: USB 2.0, any other interface can be developed
Let’s fast-track your next big idea