Flash Sale Solution Development For a Leading Consumer Electronics Firm
t the Client
The client is one of the leading consumer electronics company in India and the 10th largest mobile phone player in the world.
The client envisaged to quickly develop a solution to enable Flash Sales eCommerce business model on their website for their upcoming product launch. As a subsequent phase,this solution will be extended to a full-fledged eCommerce shopping portal for the online sale of complete range of products.As the sale will be opened for a specific period of time,maximum number of concurrent users are expected.
This solution is aimed at promoting the sale of newly launched products.The users are allowed to register themselves,for a certain period of time.Only the registered users can participate in the sale.After registration,the users are notified about their successful registration and one day prior to the sale,timer will be displayed on the product page,which clearly intimates the time to go for the flash sale.
ALTEN Calsoft Labs was responsible in developing the following features:
- Home Page – Includes when the deal is going to start, flash sale for one product alone.
- Registration – This section aids the user to register for the flash sale.
- User Account Management – Section dealing with User Profile Management, forgot/reset password functionality.
- Flash Sale page – The product detail page gives all information. Flash Sale Widget is placed here. Based on the time to sale and sale registration, the widget will be enabled for the respective users.
- User Login – Normal login with the Social Media login (Google+ and Facebook).
- Buy now / Waitlist functionality – Online order more than the available inventory count will be moved to the waitlist list with the timer support.
- Setting a time limit for the transaction – Each user will be provided a time limit to complete the transaction which is configurable.
- Payment integration – PayUMoney (third party payment gateway) and Cash on Delivery integrated for online checkout process.
- OTP Generation – SMS integration for validating the COD checkout process.
- Delivery Integration – Fulfilling the order cycle after the delivery of the product.
- Email Notification Integration – Notification for new product launch, Sale start intimation and Order creation notifications.
- Order Management System (OMS) – Managing the warehouse using the GoDam API
- Micro Services can be utilized independently for its own business logic and it can be expanded further.
- Since business logic are in Micro Services, it can be scaled up respectively, as and when required.
- This individual scaling solution helps for more concurrent users system.
- Back-end Services and Front-end UI are isolated and can be coupled with any other system having such features.
- Easy integration of any third party payment gateway, through the Frontend Framework, utilizing the backend services.
- Apache 2.4.x
- PHP 5.6.x
- MySql 5.1.x
- HTML5 / JS / jQuery 1.10.2
- Memcache module v1.4.24
- Java JDK 1.7
- Tomee 1.7
- Server System Configuration: (Recommended configuration)
- Amazon EC2, RDS
- Operating System: Linux Server with ELB
- RAM: 16GB Per instances
- JAVA Micro web services developed for the User Management, Order Management, Checkout Process, Catalog Management, Flash Sale Process and Email Notifications
- Integration of the MVC framework with the Micro Services back-end
- UI/UXE Design and Development
Let’s fast-track your next big idea