Development of Community Security Panel
t the Client
The client is a market leader in hardware and networking sector.
The client envisaged to develop a community security panel (Suite Panel) based on Atmel’s ARM 9 micro processor AT91SAM9263 and running on embedded Linux and the sensor interface board for the panel.They wanted a powerful security panel with built-in Ethernet for communication with a central security desk, an LCD for alarm and status display, secured login and a keypad with pre-defined hotkey functions. The client also wanted to implement voice communication over Ethernet using same cable infrastructure for voice and data.
- The security panel is designed around Atmel’s ARM 9 processor AT91SAM9263.The product consists of mainly the CPU board and the I/O board.
- The main board with the Atmel CPU has following interfaces
- Memory-SDRAM and Nand Flash, Serial and SPI interfaces, Character and graphic LCD, Audio Codec interface, keypad, speaker and Microphone, 10/100 Ethernet.
- The I/O board has sensor interfaces for interfacing 8 zones to the security panel and relays for alarming the 8 zones.The sensor logic detects not only the sensor activation but also sensor tamper making it a fool-proof security pane.The panel operates on TimeSys Linux 2.6 Kernel.
- Centralized control on security
- Embedded Linux Compatibility
- ARM 9 AT91SAM9263
- Ethernet, SPI, LCD
- Voice over Ethernet
- Audio codec
- Linux and C
- PADS and Orcad
Let’s fast-track your next big idea