Developing Dynamic Solutions for a Leading Label Printer Vendor
The customer envisaged to incorporate drawing tools and supported printers as plug-in components in their existing Label Designing and Label Print Manager application suite to ensure speedy service delivery.
Some of the challenges included:
- To allow Label Designer application to add new drawing tools such as Line, Rectangle, Ellipse, Picture, Bar-code, etc that enable high resolution and larger label file designing and printing.
- To permit Label Print Manager application to add support for any new printer in the future.
ALTEN Calsoft Labs’ solution included the following activities viz,
- Shared the complete technical architecture of all the applications and components including the pluggable ones with the customer.
- Provided the complete GUI wire frames for all the applications.
- Implemented the Label Designer and Label print applications that offer the underneath facilities:
- Rich UI with Ribbon toolbars, docking windows and theme support.
- Support for any new drawing tool without changing the application binary by just dropping the drawing tool component to the application binary path.
- Permission to link fields to data records from MS Excel, Dbase, HTML, Tab-delimited, Comma delimited, ODBC and various database such as MS SQL Server and MS Access.
- Rights to export a label as a graphic file.
- Permit to extract the label source files like fonts, graphics, etc.
- Rights to create batch print file using any label file with desired print count for each label.
- Permission to Auto generate the alphanumeric text for fields meant for batch or series number placed in the label.
- Permit to pause, cancel and re-issue the print jobs.
- Provide flawless designing and printing of labels
- Allow customer for complete unitization of the label printer by using bulk printing feature in Label Print Manager
- Permit client to provide custom drawing tools to their customers as patches instead of providing the complete update or re-installation of the package
- Allow client to provide new printer support or update to any existing printer to their customers
- Quick turnaround time resulting in on-time launch of the new product
- Development Tools: Visual Studio 2013 IDE, C#,WPF,WCF, ADO . Net
- Framework: Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- Platform: Microsoft Windows
- Libraries: Barcode library, Infragistics library,Third Party SDKs
Let’s fast-track your next big idea