Design and development of a Cash Drawer Controller
t the Client
The client is a market leader in hardware and semiconductor industry.
The client envisaged to design and develop a Cash Drawer Controller hardware and firmware for communicating with the Point of Sale (POS) terminals. The challenges faced in the process includes:
- To Re-engineer the existing design that includes – schematics, PCB files, firmware and micro-controllers
- To design a product that meets functionality requirements, POS Compliance, and the expected BOM cost
- Developed a board firmware and designed a control card based on PIC 18F2450 micro-controller
- Developed a board with OPOS complied architecture supporting dual power operation
- Built firmware for reading the commands or sending status to POS terminal through a full speed USB 2.0 interface
- Developed a Micro switch to read the cash drawer open/close status
- Dual Power Support
- No need of building from scratch
- Hardware: PIC Microcontroller, RS232, USB 2.0.
- Software: OPOS compliant firmware
Let’s fast-track your next big idea