CORD Gigabit Passive Optical Network Automation
t the Client
The client is a global leader in network communications equipment and technology solutions.
The customer wanted ALTEN Calsoft Labs to combine NFV, SDN, and the elasticity of commodity clouds to bring data center economics and cloud agility to the Telco Central Office.
ALTEN Calsoft Labs’ testing professionals did the following to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Development of end to end test suite from scratch for CORD framework
- Built extensive understanding of NOS (Service provider SDN) and XOS (cord controller) for integration with CORD-tester
- Developed automation scripts using Python and C (used for DPDK pktgen integration)
- Testing of all the modules involved for CORD tester
- Health-testing of an existing CORD POD (including non-service-impacting and possibly service-impacting tests)
- Developed framework using docker containers consisting ONOS, vSG, vOLT, vRouter, etc.
- Tested different networking protocols (AAA, Routing , DHCP, Multicasting, Flows, etc.)
- Carried out end-to-end functional testing, acceptance testing and regression testing
- Designed and Developed the complex CORD framework comprising of various open source modules and white box switches from scratch
- End-to-end testing services provided improved test coverage, faster TTM
- OS: LINUX
- Languages: Python, C
Let’s fast-track your next big idea