Automation Testing Solution for Healthcare Technology Vendor
t the Client
The customer is a leading provider of software services catering to the needs of the healthcare industry, focusing on advanced healthcare quality, patient safety and risk management, infection control and accreditation standards compliance.
They capture and analyze meaningful data to effectively drive the decisions that improve the safety and quality of the healthcare organizations, hospitals,and patient safety organizations (PSOs).
- The customer has a dynamic environment with:
- Continuous enhancements and change requests
- Multiple interfaces & releases leading to multiple cycles of release testing
- Insufficient regression testing due to multiple releases on different products
- Expanding business leading to high volume transactions and data
- High degree of application customization as per customer requirements in turn increasing the complexity
- Agile development methodology leading to continuous enhancements and change requests
- Insufficient testing and low coverage leading to production issues
- High “Cost of Quality” due to:
- Lack of test automation and TMMi compliant processes
- High cost of maintenance & testing
- Mission critical application with data, failure of which will lead to lossof business & credibility
- Lack of automation in continous integration process used for build delivery
ALTEN Calsoft Labs proposed a test automation solution using open source stack to reduce the regression testing time and integrated the automation scripts to their continous integration process. The customer team was very impressed with the automation POC for select features which was demonstrated using Selenium.
The prominent features of the solution are:
- Testcases are created using FRS and modified the manual test cases for automation
- ALTEN Calsoft Labs’ team provided 100% functional coverage for one of the product
- Automation test cases are created and maintained in QC
- Test Management,Defect management and Test Case version control handled in Quality Center
- ALTEN Calsoft labs’ automation framework provided high degree of usability, increased test coverage, and reduction in effort and cycle time
- Automated scripts can be run in different environments using bat file
- The customer’s safety and risk management product has automatedscripts integrated with CruiseControl for continuous integration
ADU measures static and differential pressures using 2 pressure sensors and impact pressure using the temperature probe (PT-100). ADU transmits these
air data parameters via two identical ARINC 429 digital lines.
Provision is also made to calculate according to pin-program, correct & incorrect air data. ADU has built-in features for self tests to check the hardware and software integrity.
Architecture of ADU is centered on TMS320F2812 DSP chip, which is interfaced with temperature and pressure sensors. DSP performs complex arithmetic based on pressure readings to calculate various aerodynamic parameters.
- Precisely accurate
- OS:Windows and Linux
- Tools: Selenium Web Driver,TestNG, ANT, Cruise Control, Eclipse.
- Testing Environment: QA , Production and Staging
- Issue Tracking: Quality Center
- Team size: 4
Let’s fast-track your next big idea