Cloud based Virtual Learning Environment for Online Content Delivery & Collaboration
t the Client
The customer is the largest international provider of face-to-face and online tuitions using qualified teachers with a successful track record of nearly 4 decades in providing the best of breed learning solutions for all age groups.The client has almost 650 franchises in 20 countries around the world
Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) is a web based tutoring platform that helped our customer in offering remedial tutoring services to students online,instead of the current face-to-face tutoring offered through franchisees.This platform is a database driven, content and tutoring delivery environment with collaboration features for student-tutor interactions.Some of the challenges are:
- The customer envisaged a robust learning platform addressing
- Flexible VLE design to support numerous question types associated with different tutoring subjects and dynamic metadata
- Deliver cloud based virtual learning platform providing an elastic on-demand compute infrastructure and virtual collaboration platform with anytime, anywhere access to learning content.
- Migration of existing CD ROM tutoring content consisting of lessons, questions, graphical/mathematical/science tools and rich intuitive multimedia files
- Integration with existing lesson planning and franchisee management software
- Offline model to support users with limited bandwidth/internet connectivity
The solution implemented by ALTEN Calsoft Labs encompassed the following features:
- Silverlight based virtual learning solution using Telerik Silverlight based controls that provide rich user interface
- Migrated existing tutoring content (with over 100,000 questions) to the SQL database with metadata to drive the virtual learning platform
- Collaboration features for students and tutors (whiteboard, desktop sharing, audio and video conferencing etc,)
- Cloud readiness assessment of learning platform
- Cloud migration and testing on AWS
- Role based learning, homework and administration portal
- Lesson planning tool & quiz builder
- Pre-enrolment assessment for lesson planning
- Question editor and meta data builder
- Mobile learning support
ADU measures static and differential pressures using 2 pressure sensors and impact pressure using the temperature probe (PT-100). ADU transmits these
air data parameters via two identical ARINC 429 digital lines.
Provision is also made to calculate according to pin-program, correct & incorrect air data. ADU has built-in features for self tests to check the hardware and software integrity.
Architecture of ADU is centered on TMS320F2812 DSP chip, which is interfaced with temperature and pressure sensors. DSP performs complex arithmetic based on pressure readings to calculate various aerodynamic parameters.
- Precisely accurate
- Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Services
- Third Party Controls:Telerik Silverlight Controls & Reporting
Let’s fast-track your next big idea