Roles & Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a dynamic Data Analytics Architect to join our BI Architecture team. This position is the foundation of our team and requires a strong technical background, as well as, excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Responsibilities are centered on evaluating functional requirements, designing sound technical solutions, and facilitating the development process. The ideal candidate will be able to clearly demonstrate a broad background with hands on experience using various BI tools including Hadoop, Informatica, R, Python, and Tableau/Qlik.
- Evangelize self-service BI and visual discovery, including designing, developing and deploying tools that meet that objective.
- Evaluate current reporting environments to finalize the data elements required for meeting functional requirements.
- Design and document technical solutions to complex requirements using various tools including HADOOP, Informatica, R, Python and Tableau/Qlik
- Design and develop interactive data visualizations and data discover tools using Tableau/Qlik.
- Review, enhance, design and develop ETL processes using Informatica
- Test business rules against the data to make sure the data is right using SQL queries.Very strong SQL skills need to be demonstrated.
- Thorough knowledge of performance tuning at various levels (Database, Universe and report)
- Ability to resolve issues in Production and work with end users to answer any queries they have on the day to day reporting needs
- Provide assistance to BI Architecture team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or programming knowledge. Provide on-the-job training for new or less experienced team members.
- Provide technical training to external team members to foster stro+C14nger cross-departmental relations.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned and required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Fluent in relational database concepts and dimensional modeling for analytic decision support
- Must be knowledgeable in software development lifecycles/methodologies (agile/waterfall) C22
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft BI products like Informatica, Hadoop, R, Python, Tablaeu/Qlik.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Interpersonal communication, group presentation and public speaking skills
Area of Expertise:
Data Analytics Architect, Hadoop, Informatica, R programming, Python, Tableau/Qlik
8 to 15 years